Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting


Hey everyone! Today was my last day of school until next Tuesday! I got home and looked at a cookbook to try to find a cupcake recipe that looked good. I found a recipe for cupcakes that you could either flavor chocolate, vanilla or lemon. I decided to go with the lemon and found a recipe for a cream cheese frosting that took lemon too, from the same book. I died the cupcake batter orange because of Halloween, as I did with my marble cake. More proof that I am obsessed with Halloween. LOLz. If you wanna make the recipe, here it is:

Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting

Cupcakes
Ingredients:
1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, at room temp
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs 
1 cup self-rising flour
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, grated zest of 1 lemon or 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (optional) (I used lemon)
a 12-cup muffin pan

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 350 F, then line the muffin pan with paper liners. 
Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy. You can do this either by hand, or using an electric mixer. Then beat in the eggs, one at a time.
Sift over the flour, then fold in by hand. Stir in the milk and flavoring (if using) to make a creamy, spoonable mixture.
Spoon heaped tablespoons of the mixture into each muffin cup, then bake for about 17 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack and let cool completely before decorating. 

Cream Cheese Frosting 

Beat 6 oz. cream cheese, 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, and 2 teaspoons lemon juice together until smooth and creamy. (add more sugar if needed. I needed to.) Swirl on top of the cupcakes.

Peace and Dee Love,
Sophia

P.S.
As you can probably tell, I used my halloween cupcake cups again :)

No comments: