Saturday, October 4, 2008

Popovers!


This morning I woke up and my parents and I went upstairs to have breakfast. They were both eating fruit and yogurt, but I thought, I want a freshly baked pastry. I pulled out a cookbook to make some blueberry muffins and stumbled across a recipe for popovers. I had never made these before, so stupidly I used paper muffin tin liners and filled up the cups to the top because I had leftover batter. Well, they spilled over but didn't look bad. Once we got the muffin cups off, we were left with popover tops. We ate them with jelly and they were good anyway :-)

             Popovers (from The Everything Kids Cookbook)
     Makes 6 Popovers

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup flour
Dash of salt

Instructions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the muffin tin pan, popover pan or individual custard cups with cooking spray. (DO NOT line with cupcake papers)
In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk.
Add the milk, melted butter, flour, and salt, and stir until the mixture is smooth.
Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan so each cup is about 2/3 full.
Bake 25-35 minutes, or until your popovers are puffed up and golden brown.
Remove popovers from pan. Serve warm or cold, with butter or jam. 

No comments: