Saturday, May 9, 2009

Butterscotch Blondie Pie

On Thursday, I was at Costco and there were a bunch of food magazines on sale. I decided to get Paula Deen's "Best Desserts" issue. I was looking through it yesterday and saw a bunch of recipes that I wanted to try (so there will be more coming:D). I wanted to surprise my parents with dessert, but I wanted something fast. This was what I decided on. It's very rich, so it will feed quite a few people. It is sort of like pecan pie with butterscotch chips. Enjoy!

Butterscotch Blondie Pie

Ingredients:
1 single pie crust (just the bottom), uncooked
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup dark corn syrup
3 large eggs
1 cup butterscotch-flavored morsels
1 cup toasted and chopped pecans (I didn't toast them)

Instructions:
Preheat oven 350F.
On a lightly floured surface, unroll pie crust. Roll pastry into a 12-inch circle. Press pie crust into a 9-inch pie crust, crimping edges if desired. 
In a medium bowl, combine sugars and flour. Whisk in melted butter, corn syrup, and eggs until mixture is smooth. Stir in butterscotch morsels and pecans. Spoon mixture into prepared pie crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until center is set. Cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting. Serve warm with butterscotch topping and vanilla ice cream, if desired.

Peace and Dee Love,
Sophia

No comments: