Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TWD: Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart

This week's Tuesdays With Dorie recipe was chosen by Carla of Chocolate Moosey. She chose the Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart. I was really excited about making this, simply because of the picture in the book. Okay, also because you can't go wrong with caramel, chocolate and peanuts. Yum!
This was the first time that I made a tart from this book, and my first time ever making a tart (surprising, right?). The dough was easy enough to make, using the food processor. I had a seven-year-old helper in the kitchen, so she helped me press the dough into the tart pan and stir the ganache. So cute! 
The tart was very good, but extremely rich. Nobody was able to eat more than a tiny sliver, although everybody said it was great. I didn't love it myself, simply because it was so rich and because I didn't think the ganache was very sweet. All in all, not something I'll make again. Sorry Dorie! 
If you want to try for yourself, you can buy the book or find the recipe here. Also, don't forget to check out the other TWD bloggers! Enjoy! 

No comments: