Thursday, October 8, 2009

The. BEST. Brownies. Ever.

This is one of those recipes that you come across one day that you have all the ingredients for, and you decide to try it. You put together the batter - super easy, no mixer needed, and scrape it all into a pan and stick it in the oven. 30 minutes later, you take it out, let it cool, and take a bit. "Oh my god", you think. And you find yourself making it over and over again over the years.
That's exactly what happened to me when I first saw this recipe in a little kid's cookbook when I was - I don't know - nine? I have, of course, tried other brownie recipes, but none have ever been this good. Today I was making brownies, and I was going to make the Tribute to Katherine Hepburn brownies from TWD (because I'll have to make them sometime), but I decided that everybody needed this recipe. And trust me. You do.
While everybody that I have ever met that has tasted these loved them, don't say I didn't warn you by saying that these are not for people who want a light chocolate taste. These are fudgy and extremely chocolatey, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious.
If I haven't said enough already, go into the kitchen and make these. RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! ;D
Bon appetite!

Best Brownies (slightly adapted from The Everything Kids' Cookbook)

1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter or margarine
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9-inch square pan.
Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, brown sugar, and salt. Add melted butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until done. Cool before cutting.

No comments: