Wednesday, November 25, 2009

TWD Rewind: Thanksgiving Twofer Pie

My dad is a die-hard pumpkin pie fan, and my mom goes crazy over pecan. So I knew that making a combination of the two for Thanksgiving was not an option. However, my dad had asked me to make a pumpkin pie for his office, so I suggested this. We made it together, but he almost got sick when he saw that corn syrup goes into pecan pie. Needless to say, he now refuses to eat or even participate in the making of pecan pie. Oh well, more for my mom and I! This pie was quick to put together. I used Dorie's pie crust recipe, which is my new go-to recipe. There is supposed to be a layer of pumpkin and a layer of pecan pie, but they sort of mix in the oven. However, the pecans do stay on top, which makes the pie very pretty. It tasted great - really like a mix of pumpkin and pecan pies, although it had the texture of a pumpkin pie. This would be great for Thanksgiving if you don't have people at your table who love plain pumpkin or plain pecan pie. If you want the recipe, you can buy the book or find it here. Enjoy!

No comments: