Tuesday, February 2, 2010

TWD: Mini Milk Chocolate Bundt Cakes

This week's Tuesdays with Dorie recipe was chosen by Kristin of I'm Right about Everything. She chose the Mini Milk Chocolate Bundt Cakes. This recipe brought up a lot of questions on the P&Q - Can they be baked in muffin tins? Why wasn't the glaze working for some people? Where can you buy mini bundt pans? I was about to bake them in muffin tins when I remembered that this summer I bought some mini bundt pans (although they don't have pretty designs on top like Dorie's), so I used those. The batter was easy to make - the chocolate component is melted milk chocolate. I had a bunch of semisweet, though, and barely any milk, so I used that. It worked out great! Instead of the swirl recommended, I used some currant jam, which made it a bit less chocolatey. I had some serious issues with the cakes sticking to the pans - even though I greased them well (maybe the jam?). Also, I made my glaze with a mixture of dark and milk chocolates, but it DID NOT come out to glaze consistency. It came out more like a frosting, and I only had enough to frost four out of the six it was supposed to. Oh well, they were delicious, even though I think I might have under-baked them a bit. Everybody liked them, and I will be making these again! If you want the recipe, Kristin will be posting it later today (link to her blog above) or you can buy the book. Enjoy!

(I doubled the recipe)

1 comment:

The Queen of Quite a Lot said...

I had problems with sticking too. Thanks for baking with me this week!