Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TWD: Sweet Cream Biscuits



Ok, so it's Wednesday. But I'm getting better, right? Right. This week's Tuesdays with Dorie was chosen by Melissa of Love at First Bite. She chose the Sweet Cream Biscuits. These were so quick to make! We got up late on Saturday and they were ready within a half hour. The dough doesn't actually have any butter in it - all the fat comes from the cream. But they are still incredibly flaky!
So to make these, you mix together some dry ingredients and cream, pat the mixture into a disk, and cut out 2-inch rounds. I used my 2-inch cutter, but thought they came out smaller than I would have liked. But that didn't matter, because they tasted great. I had never made biscuits before (except for TWD's sweet potato ones, but those were sort of a failure...), and I like these much better than the ones from the can you whack on the counter to open! If you want to try them for yourself, you can buy the book or find the recipe here. eNjOy!

4 comments:

Linda said...

yup...these are WAY better than those biscuits in a can. For a biscuit neophyte, yours turned out beautifully!

Mary said...

I think the biscuits look great cut with a small cutter! I paid no attention to the size of the cutter, so mine were bigger, but flatter too! Still tasty, though...

Sophia said...

thanks! next time I think i'll try them bigger, like yours, mary :D

Jacque said...

I was kind of surprised the recipe called for a 2 inch cutter, it seemed so small.

Yours still look delish, though. Nice work!