Wednesday, June 13, 2012

TWD Rewind: Linzer Sables

Happy summer! Although I still have two state tests next week, yesterday was my last day of freshman year. I'm currently drinking a smoothie and wearing a t-shirt that says "I survived (insert hardest teacher in the school's class)," so I think that's a pretty good start to the summer!
Finals are over at last, which means I have more time to bake and post here. These cookies, a very old TWD from the old book, were made this weekend, and they are the perfect way to celebrate the start of summer. They are crunchy and light, with a thin layer of jam that makes them twice as delicious. They are also so pretty; when my mom saw them, she said the sugar looked like a layer of lace.
I agree. These are adorable, and so easy to decorate - just cut out half of the cookies with a hole in the middle, and dust those with confectioner's sugar before sandwiching. These have some room for variation. You can change the type of nut used in the dough (I used almonds), the type of filling (I used raspberry jam), and the shape of the cookie (flowers!). I love the idea of rolling out the dough before freezing it, too - it made transferring the cut cookies so much easier.
I loved the taste and look of these, and they are so easy to make. The recipe can be found here, or in Baking from My Home to Yours.
<3

No comments: