Tuesday, June 26, 2012

TWD Rewind: Fluff-Filled Chocolate Madeleines

Sometimes you just need junk food. It's delicious, it's familiar, and sometimes you just want some. I'm past the days of wishing for a hostess cupcake in my lunch box, but I do like my own versions of things I loved as a little kid.
These madeleines are everything good about those familiar lunch treats, but with a grown-up twist of delicious homemade components. They start off with a madeleine with a deep chocolate flavor. I had a little trouble with the madeleines, because they did not form the characteristic hump on the back - they were soft and tasty nonetheless. The baked madeleines are filled with a ten-year-old's dream: a jar of marshmallow fluff. The actual filling of the cakes was a little tricky - I wasn't able to get very much filling in. According to other blogs, the best way to do this is to hollow out part of the madeleine before filling. However you do it, the filled madeleines are then dipped into a bowl of dark ganache, and topped off with a squiggle of fluff. Indulgent much?
These are a perfect for anything from a birthday party to an after-school treat. They don't take very long to make, if you don't count the chilling time, and are so rich you are happy with just one. The recipe, as always, can be found in Baking from My Home to Yours.
Enjoy! <3

No comments: