Thursday, July 5, 2012

TWD: Hazelnut Biscotti

Biscotti are one of those things that I've never been particularly interested in knowing how to make. I don't really love the ones you can usually buy in bakeries or coffee shops, but I had never had a homemade one. When I saw that these were this week's pick for Tuesdays with Dorie, I was excited to see if they would be as tooth-breaking as the store-bought ones. I'm glad to say that they are not!
These are delicious and so easy. I made sure to do the boiling of the nuts in a black pot, as I heard it could stain pans. All these stained were my fingers! These have a lovely flavor and are the perfect gift to ship, because they will keep for up to a month.
Give these a try! As always, the recipe can be found on the hosts' blogs. Thanks to the lovely hosts, Jodi of Homemade and Wholesome and Katrina of Baking and Boys. Enjoy! <3

3 comments:

Cher Rockwell said...

Glad to hear these were a hit for you :-)

Cathleen | My Culinary Mission said...

Mine were quite hard. Glad your biscotti turned out better!

Sophia said...

thanks :)