Friday, July 27, 2012

TWD Rewind: Brown Sugar Bundt Cake

The picture above is bad. I know. It's actually from about four years ago, when I first decided to join Tuesdays with Dorie. I believe they were about halfway through the book, and I was so excited that before even making the first chosen recipe, I decided to do some rewinds. This was one of those, and it was so good that even years later, I still remember it.
This cake is so fluffy, filled with moist raisins and chunks of pear. It falls apart if you try to eat it 10 minutes out of the oven, like we did, but is so worth it. The recipe can be found here or in the book.

For the past couple of years, I've been trying to finish every. last. recipe. in the book. I recently realized just how many are left, and that it's become more of a chore than a fun way to entertain myself and create yummy treats. I've had so much fun in the past few months picking recipes from wherever I want to (and still doing the current TWD), that I've decided to give up on my original goal of finishing every recipe in BFMHTY. It will take me years to finish at this point, and it's not worth it - I might to back to it at some point, though. For now, I'm just enjoying having "recipe freedom" and the current TWD.
<3

No comments: